10 Things I'm Thankful for in 2016
Updated: Nov 7
There are so many things to dread over from 2016. One person said, if 2016 were a person, they'd punch him in the face. Understandably so, a lot of good people passed away. However, there's a lot to be thankful for.
2016 gave me some things to step back and say, "Excuse me? You can't be talking to me." But as I reflect, there were some great things that occurred. One of the biggest was the moment I was asked to take a trip to Taiwan! In case you don't know I'm a teacher by trade, at heart and part time. lol I went there to meet my international co-workers and awesome students! They are amazing!
1. Family is Alive! My family surprised my Nana with a surpise 80th birthday party!
2. All expense paid trip to Taiwan.
3. I won a car!
4. NBCU/ABFF selected me to go to New York and for a three day master workshop with Marki Costello as a Hosting Candidate for their 2016 program!
5. Wrapped my first film: Dating & Waiting
6. My old college roomy, one of my craziest, funniest and rudest friend, got MARRIED!
7. Launched My New Website!
8. Added "Reel Deals" to my Videography Business! Oh, you didn't know I edit 98% of the videos I'm in? If you need me to produce a video for you, call me for pricing! Secret word for discount: cupcakes!
10. President Obama made it through without any scandal in his marriage, restoring hope in Black Love! Do you see how he looks at that beautiful black woman? #Loveit
No matter what you're 2016 looked like, find thanks somewhere. According to the bible in I Thessalonians 5:18 it says:
“Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus”
I know...I know. Everything? Really? It’s hard to think about giving thanks to God when life seems overwhelmingly difficult. However we can give thanks because God will never leave nor forsake us when times are down. He freely gives us wisdom, grace, and strength to move forward in every situation. A grateful heart in times of trouble can be encouraged to trust in the Lord at all times.